Monday, February 17, 2014

My Friend

Happy Monday! I spent the better part of the weekend watching wrestling matches and being a good coaches wife, :) but was able to spend some time in the studio creating Sunday afternoon. Laundry didn’t quite get done but….oh well there’s plenty of time to do that during the week right?! ;)

My Friend

I am finding some time to spend on challenges, something I used to do a lot when I first started stamping and blogging and it’s been fun to get back to being inspired by a fun challenge. My card was created with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, the inspiration photo from Curtain Call for a cozy quilt theme and the hexagon challenge over at Moxie Fab World in mind.

I used the Six Sided Sampler stamp step and stamped the hexagons in Blushing Bride, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Baked Brown Sugar. I splattered the white card base with pool party ink and topped it off with a simple sentiment adhered to the card front. Last, I added an in color boutique embellishment to the sentiment strip and a few candy dots to the card base.

I varied a little bit from the sketch, but I think the general concept is conveyed and the colors came from the inspiration photo.

Hmmm, I guess I better go work on that laundry now!

FMS Final 123-001  cozy quilt

Supplies: (All supplies Stampin’ Up!)

CS: Whisper White  Ink: Blushing Bride, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Baked Brown Sugar  Stamp: Six Sided Sampler   Misc: candy dots, boutique embellishment, Stampin’ Mister

6 comments:

Karren said...

What fun colors you've used for this gorgeous card! I love the background splatters. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Karen Dunbrook said...

great cas card...love the way you set the hexagons up...

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty hexagons, love the resin button. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Pam said...

Beautiful mix of colors and patterns. I love how you combined the three challenges!

Pam said...

Beautiful mix of colors and patterns. I love how you combined the three challenges!

Anonymous said...

Kandi,
You rock'eth! Rad card!

Teri