Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lattice Heart Love

Today is my hubby’s birthday! We’re going skiing today and I hope he enjoys it! We’ll be at State Wrestling this weekend but are hoping to do a mini overnight trip in the next weekend or so to celebrate! :)

Lattice Heart Love Today  I have another valentine card to share! I had a blast over the weekend and was in the mood to make some red and love themed cards.

I used my Cameo to cut the lattice heart and it was the starter for my whole card. I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch, the color combo from Fab Friday and the inspiration code word Love from Addicted to CAS. Thanks for the great challenges everyone, I had a blast!

So, clean and simple is kind of my go to style and I love how effortless and clean it looks, but anyone that has done CAS knows that’s never usually the case. Less is more, but also can be hard to achieve that balance! :)

After I layered the heart lattice onto a Crumb Cake Card base I topped it with a strip of Coastal Cabana cardstock that had been stamped with some images from the latest Paper Pumpkin Kit. A little strip of lace trim topped with a threaded button finished it off!

 

Supplies:

CS: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Coastal Cabana – Stampin’ Up!

Ink: Coastal Cabana– Stampin’ Up!

Stamps: January Paper Pumpkin Kit– Stampin’ Up!

Misc: Antique lace trim, linen thread, red corduroy button (retired) – Stampin’ Up!; Silhouette Cameo, heart lattice cut file

 

ATCAS - code word love CTS_Sketch_63 Fab Fri Logos-036

7 comments:

stressfreestamping said...

I really like your lattice heart. It looks so good on the craft and the pool party banner is the perfect little touch of color! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. :)

Amanda Mertz said...

Very cool heart! It's so delicate looking! I agree that CAS can be hard to achieve but I think you nailed it...the details are just right! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

What a pretty card! That heart is very pretty! Love the layering! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers said...

Very pretty card!! Love the lattice heart. Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Jaydee said...

Love the lattice heart with just the little touch of lace. The colors really pop. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love how you did this! What a great take on the sketch!