Sunday, February 9, 2014

Be My Valentine

One more card for today! I had fun combining two challenges for this little valentine.

Be My Valentine First, I used the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary and then the Mod Squad challenge of at least one heart and some glitter on your card.

I started off with a Crumb Cake card base and layered some Modern Medley patterned paper, along with a real red strip that was embossed with the new Arrows Textured embossing folder.

I added a strip of silver glimmer (glitter!) paper across the top and then layered on a doily that was stamped with a sentiment from the Delightful Dozen set. This is such a great starter set because of all the variety of sentiments! I added a smaller heart from the Banner Blast (SAB) set and then topped on a rhinestone and some sequins.

So now it’s *almost* time for The Walking Dead! Anyone else a fan?

6a01310fc1b623970c01a3fcb6f0ef970b-200wi Badge

5 comments:

Lee said...

What a sweet valentine! I love the stamped sentiment on the doily...and the pop of silver glitter! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such a beautiful card with all the bling! Thanks for playing our Saturday challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

I love this!! What a great Valentine card! What a great idea to stamp on the doily! And those sequins are just perfect!! Thanks for playing the Saturday challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love your Valentine...and that silver glitter strip is gorgeous with it.

Laura Davis said...

This is stunning!
Laura