Friday, February 14, 2014

Freakin Love You

It’s Valentine’s Day and I’m celebrating by cheering on 10 wrestlers as they enter the State Wrestling tournament! :) Oh the life of a wrestling coaches wife is glamorous isn’t it?! Just kidding! I love this “part-time hobby” of Jake’s!

Today I have one final valentine to share with you today. I made this with my teenager in mind and think she’d enjoy not only the colors but the sentiment as well. :)

Freakin Love You

This is an older technique but one that is kind of fun! It’s known as repeat or double stamping as you stamp once, and then keep stamping your image without inking up so it gets lighter and lighter.  I repeated the hearts across the front with bright colors, and then stamped the sentiment on a die cut tag and topped it off with a few embellishments.

PSSTT- there is a whole section of this technique in the Stamp It Techniques Vol 2! I have one card in that section that was super fun to make!

Supplies: (All supplies Stampin’ Up!)

CS: Basic Black, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Silver Glimmer Paper  Ink: Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay  Stamps: (heart) Hearts a Flutter, (sentiment) Yippee Skippee   Misc: candy dots, rhinestone, Owl Builder Punch (heart), Chalk Talk Framelits

No comments: