Monday, February 10, 2014

Love You So

Sometimes it’s hard to make a masculine valentine, right?! I went a little grungy on this one but added a few embellishments to keep it pretty but I think it’s minimal enough that a guy wouldn’t mind too much. :)

Love You So

I used the sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments and the color combo from Just Add Ink to whip this little card up.

I started with a Sahara Sand card base, and stamped the Off the Grid image to create my first “circle” and then stamped a few hearts in Real Red to create my second “circle” in the sketch. That’s the beauty of using sketches as a starting point, you can really go anywhere with them! :)

I used a left over word bubble in Pool Party from a scrapbook layout I made last week and stamped the sentiment from Geometrical on it in Island Indigo ink. After that was adhered to the card I added some sequins and a mini heart punched from the Owl Builder punch. Last, a little arrow was added below the word bubble.

Tomorrow the hubby and I are going skiing for his birthday! He’s such an awesome guy and I hope he enjoys the day!

178 sketch JAI201buttons001

5 comments:

brrenwick said...

I LOVED that you used the Off the Grid stamp as part of the sketch...awesome! This is such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

Krista said...

Your take on the sketch is so cool! I love all of the elements you chose. WHat an awesome card!! Thanks for joining us at HSS!!

Christine Blain said...

GREAT use of this colour combo, Kandi! Such a cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Nikki Spencer said...

Great CAS card Kandi, love the grid background! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Great male valentines card. I like the grunge look to it and the little hint of sparkle. Chantell JAI