Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cheer up Buttercup

I kinda fell in love with the Regarding Dahlias stamp set when I first saw it, and ordered it around early January with some Christmas money from my in-laws. I FINALLY had the chance to ink it up over the weekend and can’t wait to play with it some more!

Cheer Up Buttercup

I took inspiration from the color combo at The Paper Players and the challenge at Catherine and Cathy Create to make a Gold-i-licious card!

I super-duper love the gold vellum sheets in the new Occasions Catalog and thought to myself that I could make something similar with my vellum, stamps and embossing powder. I used the circle from Geometrical, stamped in Versamark onto the vellum sheet and then embossed it with gold powder. I love that it has some variations in it!

So to get the look, I used a Very Vanilla card base, added cardstock strips of Crisp Cantaloupe and Night of Navy, then layered over my custom made vellum. After that was done, I added a doily and strip of navy card stock. I had already cut out the shape and then stamped the flower and sentiment BUT with the magnetic platform you could stamp and then line up the shape so you get the exact placement you want with the Chalk Talk dies! So easy right?! Last, I added a little boutique details embellishment in Crisp Cantaloupe.

So I seriously love how this turned out! It’s not often that I get this excited when I finish a card but the colors, this stamp set, the small details, I just kinda love it. :)

Supplies (All supplies Stampin’ Up!)

CS: Very Vanilla, Crisp Cantaloupe, Night of Navy, Vellum

Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Night of Navy, VersaMark

Stamp: Geometrical (circle/sentiment), Regarding Dahlias (flower)

Misc: Chalk Talk dies, doily, gold embossing powder, heat gun, Boutique Details embellishment

 

CCC_CardsChallenge-001 pp182

6 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

Kandi, this is gorgeous! I love your homemade embossed vellum and the dahlia stamping is lovely. I'm so glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players!

Cathy Caines said...

Oh I love this - something about a doily and vellum. Love it!! I also love your blog design. Thanks for playing at ccc!

Jessica said...

Very beautiful! Wonza!! You made your own gold vellum. Precious! Love all the details in your card. Blessings and tx for joining the Catherine & Cathy Create challenge!

stampwithsandy said...

Great card, Kandi! Love all the texture and you used the colors perfectly. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players and congrats on your win!

Tiz Barnes said...

What a unique way to use the dahlia stamp. Love it!

Michelle said...

Great job Kandi...love those embossed gold circles. cool idea. thanks for playing along at CCC