Thursday, December 4, 2014

Noel

Noel

I love making Christmas cards. You can go traditional in red and green colors or go snowy with blues - either works!  This card wasn’t my favorite but some friends said it was their favorite out of a bunch we had at my Christmas Card Class. You never know what people are going to love!

Noel Close Up

Lovely as a Tree has been one of those stamps that I’ve had for years but it’s still in the catalog! It must still be super popular since it’s still around! I have my wood mount stamp set (really need to take the time to convert my favorites to clear right?!) and used the lone pine tree for this card.

Stamp in a lighter color and then slightly stamp off in a darker color to create a shadow of your image. I used Smoky Slate and Night of Navy here, and used those same colors throughout the card. The card base was embossed with the Northern Flurries embossing folder.

Linking up today to The Card Concept for their snow/tag on a card challenge (using the Clean and Layered Style) and the Paper Players for the  tic-tac-toe challenge using the tree, embossing and glitter row, or you could say the star, die cut and glitter row works as well. ;)

 

24   pp224

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

You can never go wrong with Lovely as A Tree! And this is a beauty for sure! Love it stamped in blue and slate! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your colour combo and classic Christmas tree design. Thanks for joining us for tic-tac-toe over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Your card is lovely! I think this color combo is beautiful! I love the embossing and the twine! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous and elegant. I love your silver sentiment hanging with your twine, so clever and just amazing. Your tree in blue is so fabulous too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combo and fabulous texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept!