Friday, July 4, 2014

USA Banner & Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day & 4th of July!

I have a quick banner to share today and pictures from the parade we went to this morning.

First the banner, I used the Simply Created Build a Banner kit from Stampin’ Up! and added in the pinwheels from this months Paper Pumpkin kit. It was super easy to assemble using Real Red, Night of Navy and Black ink for the stenciled portions, and the pinwheels were super easy to fold and secure with a brad as they were already pre-cut. The Paper Pumpkin kit also included some cute stamps and paper straws I’ll have to put to good use soon!

DSC_0467 DSC_0468 DSC_0469 DSC_0470 DSC_0471 

Next, there is nothing better than a small town parade to celebrate the 4th and Independence Day!

My Mom made a request this year for me to recreate one of her favorite pictures. :) When the kids were little Jake would crouch down with them in anticipation of the parade starting and watch over them while they ran to get candy. It’s been several years since this photo below was taken (8 years ago!) and although I forgot they order they were in, we still got a new picture this year for my momma.

5-4-2007-04

Jake, Brady and Gwynie – 2006

Brady was three and Gwynie was seven….!!!!

DSC_0457

Jake, Gwynie and Brady – 2014

I love that some things never change like Gwynie and her long ponytail and my boys with their ball caps.

 DSC_0429 DSC_0432

Oh man, I caught that piece of candy and then dropped it!

 DSC_0436 DSC_0437 DSC_0438  DSC_0440

Brady was thrilled to get totally hosed down! It was so hot today! Check out his expression in the third photo!

 DSC_0447

Gwynie spent the majority of the parade texting her boyfriend. ;) He was in another parade going on around the same time for All-Stars.

    DSC_0459

Then both kids grabbed more candy, I think we have enough Salt Water Taffy to last us until Christmas!

We’re off to BBQ with Jake’s parents, check out the annual car show and then catch the fireworks later tonight. So thankful to be able to celebrate today and our freedoms!

No comments: