Thursday, May 3, 2012

Utah Blaze – A Scrapbook Layout

I’m trying a little something new on the brand spankin’ new blog-o.

I learn so much and gain tons of inspiration from other bloggers and online galleries, and I’d hope that I can impart some of my own tips through what I share here or give you a little inspiration.

With that being said, I’m going to format my posts differently and provide some structure for myself. ;) I had scrapped these two layouts awhile ago and then never shared them so it’s good to get these on the new blog-o and finally share them!

The story: Utah doesn’t have an NFL team, but we do have an AFL team – Arena Football League. They play with shorter yardage so the games usually result in high scores and lots of touchdowns. Jake and Brady went to a Blaze Game and were excited to run into Shaky Smithson!  Shaky played for the University of  Utah where we watched him play, and now he’s a wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers!

The layouts: I was inspired by a previous sketch challenge for the first page to incorporate circles around a photo. I mixed and matched any papers I had in my stash that were orange, black and white as these are the colors for the Blaze. I also added in some washi tapes that complemented those colors and added a chipboard football.

Tip to Note: To give my circles more dimension I crumpled them up and then lightly smoothed them out before adhering them to my page. Since I went all out with patterned paper (try it, it’s fun!) I stuck to patterns that were smaller in scale for the circles while having the large sized stars in the background provided a good base.

No comments: