Friday, May 25, 2012

Content – A Scrapbook Layout

Last May Jake and I were treated to a five day trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico as part of my Employee of the Year nomination.

(The coloring came out weird sorry!)

The story: It was an incredible trip, and was the first vacation we had taken without the kids in over 10 years! I wanted to document that experience and how much we enjoyed that time together. Of course we missed the kids, but we were content to just be us, husband and wife, totally in love.

The layout: I used the sketch below from Stuck Sketches as a starting point for my layout. I had a couple variations on the title placement, and sizes of squares and photo, but overall I think the layout shows the basis and inspiration from the sketch. I used an American Crafts collection for the bright colors that reminded me of Mexico.

Tip to Note: I am using my orange washi tape like crazy these days! For some reason it seems to work for a lot of my layouts lately. ;) If something is working, leave it out on your desk or table space so it’s within reach. :)

May 15th

No comments: