Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Merry, Merry Christmas

I’m so glad the Friday Mashup challenge was a two-weeker because it gave me a chance to join in and share a card made with crumb cake and gingham.

Merry Merry Christmas The only gingham I have is washi tape (I know seriously?!) so that was my starting point along with the crumb cake color. I loved the inspiration pic of red and snowflakes with the gingham so that was my next pairing. Although the Endless Wishes stamp set is out of stock (for a second time!) you can still get these images through MDS!  I stamped the snowflakes in red, crumb cake and daffodil delight and added the sentiment to the bottom of the panel.

Merry Merry Christmas Close UpThe Merry from the Expression Thinlits die set was layered over the snowflakes, and a strip of washi tape, lace trim and linen thread finish off the side of the card.

It has been so fun to start making and sharing some holiday cards! I love this time of year!

FM137F

2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

A fun clean&simple card with non-traditional color combo. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lynda Day said...

This is a very fun card. Very whimsical and merry, just like it says. Great way to think outside the box and use the yellow gingham tape. I like it. Thanks for playing with us at The Friday Mashup!