Tuesday, February 16, 2016

You Make Life Sweet

I mentioned the other day that I was loving on red and pink in my craft studio this weekend, and today’s card is another that highlights these sweet colors! This was the Valentine’s card I gave to my daughter, but the sentiment and theme could work year round for your recipient.

My sister Laci got me the MFT Stay Cool stamp set and Cool Cup dies for Christmas, and this weekend was the first time I’ve used them. So in love, such a cute set and dies! (Thanks Lace!)

My 16 year old daughter LOVES the Cotton Candy frap from Starbucks (so much that her boyfriend surprised her with one as part of her Valentine’s present!), and this was clearly the perfect card for her. ;)

You-Make-Life-Sweet_thumb2

Using the MFT color challenge of pink, red, blue and gray, I came up with this simple and sweet design. I also combined the Mod Squad hearts challenge with the Friday Mashup Valentine’s challenge.

Life-Sweet-Closeup_thumb2

I started out with a Blushing Bride card base and added the hearts with a stencil, Blushing Bride ink and a blending tool. The sentiment strip is Pool Party cardstock, with Pool Party ink for the sentiment as well. The cup was die cut in Whisper White cardstock, sentiment stamped in Pool Party and a mini heart punch from Real Red cardstock to add to the Sweet box. The topper is a whipped cream dollop also cut from Whisper White, and the lid from vellum. The straw is cut from Smoky Slate card stock and tucked behind the cup and lid.

This set is so fun, can’t wait to use it again!

1 comment:

Heidi Baks said...

This is simply adorable! Thanks for sharing on the Friday Mashup this week.