Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas - Day Eight

If you’ve been following along you have seen several new layouts in my Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas.

You can get the background here on the reasons why I started the Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas for myself in this post and catch up on the previous layouts shared on the Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas tag.

In yesterday’s post I told you I copied the layout for the page I am sharing today. I talked about doing “duplicate” layouts for my kiddos, but also the idea that if you like a layout design give yourself the freedom to copy it on another page.

NoelChristmas Ornaments/Noel – Gwynie

Here’s a quick side-by-side comparison of the two. When I broke it down it went something like this:

Patterned paper base, three vertical photos, border strips below photos and clustered embellishments below the photos. Super simple but also very easy to change up depending on the photos, papers or embellishments used.

This is also an example of using non-Christmas product on the page. Buttons, glittery heart and Thickers are the main components of the embellishments. It’s only the mini green starlight mint brad and white poinsettia flower that are somewhat Christmas products but could easily translate into entirely different themes given different photos or papers.

I have a feeling I’ll be going back to this layout often since it’s so simple but really showcases the photos.

Come back tomorrow as we’re one day closer to wrapping up this series!

Check out some older Christmas scrapbook posts:

Christmas Scrapbook Pages 1

Christmas Scrapbook Pages 2

Merry, Merry, Merry

Fa La La

Traditions

XMas Jammies

Christmas & December Pages

Gingerbread House

SSSChristmas

No comments: