Thursday, November 26, 2015

Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas – Day Four

If you’ve been following along you have seen several new layouts in my Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas.

You can get the background here on the reasons why I started the Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas for myself in this post and catch up on the previous layouts shared on the Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas tag.

FestivalofTreesFestival of Trees 2008 - Gwynie

One very easy way to “get pictures on a page” is literally to put them on the page with no cropping and no paper mat backing the photo.  I left my 4x6 photos intact and then added two pieces of patterned paper to flank the photos creating a grid. Now, I could have done something to the background, added trims or borders, or any number of things, but sticking to my #1 rule of keeping it simple I let it be.

Another thing I like to do in any page, is find embellishments in colors I’m working with and try to incorporate them. The striped bird and heart chipboard pieces are actually from a Valentine’s pack, but the colors and style worked so I used them. I’ve occasionally used Christmas product on non-Christmas pages as well. It’s all about how you mix the colors and blend the details so it doesn’t stand out in a negative way.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another layout in the series!

Check out some older Christmas scrapbook posts:

Christmas Scrapbook Pages 1

Christmas Scrapbook Pages 2

Merry, Merry, Merry

Fa La La

Traditions

XMas Jammies

Christmas & December Pages

Gingerbread HouseSSSChristmas

No comments: