Monday, November 23, 2015

Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas – Day One

Today I have the first page to share of my Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas!

You can get the background here on the reasons why I started the Simple Scrapbook Series: Christmas for myself in this post and catch up on the layouts shared on the Simple Scrapbooking Series: Christmas tag.

When I started this project and series I told myself I had three rules:

  1. Keep it simple. Don’t agonize over decisions and limit to no longer than 30 minutes per page.
  2. Narrow photo selection to make one page layouts if possible.
  3. Don’t dwell on product selection, pair colors or themes and cut into the papers you were “saving for later”…it’s later.

ChristmasForYou Christmas Morning 2009 - Brady

This page was inspired by this layout.

I loved the tag concept and the general design as a way to incorporate several photos, patterned papers and a few key embellishments. I kept it super simple by using the coordinating patterned paper from one collection (older EK Success/Martha Stewart line), selected traditional Christmas colors to pair with the patterned paper, and pulled embellishments (buttons, star, white flower, ribbon) in the same colors.

I think this page was made in under 20 minutes including product selection, trimming photos and papers, and cutting out the title on my Silhouette Cameo. The “For You” tag was created with two stamps, Wild Wasabi and Real Red ink, and then the ribbon was stapled to the top after using a punch to trim the edges.

Overall, I was happy with how this turned out. I kept to my “rules” and of course had fun in the process! More pages coming tomorrow!

Check out some older Christmas scrapbook posts:

Christmas Scrapbook Pages 1

Christmas Scrapbook Pages 2

Merry, Merry, Merry

Fa La La

Traditions

XMas Jammies

Christmas & December Pages

Gingerbread HouseSSSChristmas

No comments: