Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Purple Floral Birthday

Purple Floral Birthday

I love the color purple but sometimes have a hard time working it into my projects. I think because it’s such a bold and rich color, and could overpower your design in some ways.

I was totally inspired by this card (thanks Laura!) and wanted to try it with purples to incorporate the photo inspo challenge from Stampin Royalty.  Having a lot of white space helped balance the purples but still add lots of color to the card.

Purple Floral Close Up

So here’s the how to behind the card. I started with a Naturals White card base (side note I love the specks in the cardstock!) and watercolored with my Aqua Painter using Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder inks. The flower and leaves were die cut from white cardstock with my Silhouette and then spritzed with a Stampin’ Mister and Elegant Eggplant ink. 

Finally, the sentiment from Remembering Your Birthday was stamped in black ink on Perfect Plum cardstock and mounted to the card base with dimensionals to lift it off the card.  I’m also linking up to Seize the Birthday challenge for a birthday card with leaves.

This card totally reminds me of my Mom, she loves purple and flowers! I might have to save this, or erm, give it to her as a belated birthday card for this year. Only three months late. ;)

1175095_10151587494757547_730720239_n 10805676_10205655526574435_6950389537999421665_n (1)

2 comments:

Carrie Rhoades said...

What a great card for the Stampin' Royalty Picture Challenge! Thanks for playing along with us and for visiting my blog!

Georgeann Manning said...

So pretty! Thanks for posting this, and thanks for Playing the Stampin' Royalty Challenge!