Sunday, December 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Balloons

I really should be packing, but since I crossed several other things off my to do list, I decided I had some time to play. ;)

I’m the worst card-giver ever (goal for next year!) but I wanted to make sure I had cards to take with me when we visited my family, so I used the color combo at Nacho Average and the one layer challenge at Stampin Royalty to whip up a quick card for my brother-in-law!

 Balloon Happy Birthday Using the combo of Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzaz and Silver I stamped the balloon images (from a new set from the Occasions Catalog called Celebrate Today) onto Neutrals White cardstock. I heat embossed stars onto the Lagoon balloon in silver, and also punched the stars and then added the glimmer silver paper stars to the inside of the card to stay consistent with the one-layer challenge and also add a fun dimension.

Balloon Happy Birthday Close Up

  Here’s a close-up of the punched starts between layers. I am LOVING this new set and can’t wait to play with it more!

Balloon Happy Birthday Close Up 2

 

nac120

5 comments:

Yapha said...

Super cute card! I love those new balloons. Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

Tenia Nelson said...

So fun, Miss Lady!!!

Tammy Fite said...

Love it!! Keeping this one for future reference!! :-)

Georgeann Manning said...

Cute! i love the almost retro feel of this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Angela McKay said...

Love it!!!!! Great colours:) thanks so much for playing with us at SR this week!