Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy Holidays Shaker Card!

My Siberian Husky is super sad we still don’t have snow. Sure, there is quite a bit up in the mountains, but nothing in our backyard yet. I’m not complaining about the 60* weather we’re having on the last day of November, but I would love to see my puppy happy (along with my 11 year old) so I guess I’ll start doing a snow dance. Or better yet, I’ll just make some snow cards.

Happy Holiday Close Up

It’s been ages since I made my first shaker card at a long ago SU workshop, so I was pretty excited to make one again today.  Glad to see them making a comeback in the card making world.

I used the stamps from the November Paper Pumpkin kit to stamp the snowflakes, snow flurries and sentiment. Images stamped in Coastal Cabana ink and sentiment embossed in white. Joining the Nacho Average Challenge for their sketch, and The Paper Players for a tic-tac-toe challenge.

Happy Holidays

Using the right side tic-tac-toe board I have white, snowflakes and glitter. The shaker circles are filled with dazzling diamonds glitter, Coastal Cabana sequins and the snowflakes and silver sequins from the Frosted Sequins embellishments. The shaker panel is Pool Party and sentiment strip is also Coastal Cabana.

The weather forecast doesn’t show snow for the first week of December, but weather can be fickle and change in an instant so maybe there’s hope for snow!

 

nac117 pp224

8 comments:

laurie said...

This is such a fun idea! So cute for Christmas. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Rose said...

Love your shaker card-cute, cute idea! Thanks for playing with the NAC gang this week-

Christy Lynn said...

This looks cute, and a great use for the sequins and glitter that's non-messy! Thanks for playing along in the Nacho sketch challenge!

Tammy Fite said...

Great card! I love the sequins as a "filler"!!

Carrie Rhoades said...

Great use the the Paper Pumpkin set, love it!

Carrie Rhoades said...

Great use the the Paper Pumpkin set, love it!

Claire Creates Cards said...

I adore the triple shaker card you created! The sequins are such a fun filler! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

stampwithsandy said...

I love shaker cards but yours is extra fun because you have three shakers! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Kandi!