Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Darling

I’ve had the Hello Darling set for a few months and this weekend was the first time it saw ink. Pretty sad right?! Luckily I set things right and now have a feeling that I might not be able to put it down.

Hello Darling Happy Birthday

The color challenge at Stampin Royalty screamed fun Christmas colors to me, but I challenged myself to try something else. I incorporated the sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and the challenge to use DSP from Catherine and Cathy

The Wild Wasabi base was stamped with the outline flower image and then a strip of DSP from the All Abloom stack was added to the top of the card. The main floral image was stamped in Strawberry Slush onto Whisper White cardstock, and the sentiment stamped over top in Real Red. After rounding the corners and adhering to the card base, I added a small strip of Strawberry Slush cardstock and gold sequin trim. A couple red sequins and a gold sequin accented the main image.

Thank goodness for these super fun challenges to get the creative juices flowing!

 

10619980_10205655437132199_6758455793105721345_o FMS Final 163-001 CCC_CardsChallenge-001

1 comment:

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a wonderful, bright and cheerful birthday card! I love your color scheme. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!