Saturday, August 9, 2014

Wish on a Star Scrapbook Layout

My friend Melissa told me after my NY/Boston trip post that I need to blog more because she thinks I’m great at it. :) Melissa is one of those girls that is even more beautiful on the inside than she is on the outside which is saying a lot because she is a freaking babe. Thanks Missy for your sweet words and vote of confidence to blog more! I’ll work on blogging a bit more often…hopefully I have interesting and fun things to blog about! ;)

I thought today I’d share a scrapbook page we did at our monthly scrapbook night last month. I used the July Paper Pumpkin kit that was designed to make boxes and cards, and turned the stickers and stamps into a scrapbook page.

Wish on a Star

It somewhat tied into the July/Independence Day theme of the month, but really it could be used for any type of picture. My friend Brittany said her favorite last month was the Sand, Sun & Fun layout which I loved too, but I think this was my favorite from the batch. :)

Wish on a Star Close Up

I die cut the star background on my Cameo, and then added in the sticker silver and pool party star stickers from the PP kit, and added a few buttons to some of the star openings. The striped sticker strip was layered under the WISH stickers, both from the same PP kit. I added in a strip of Pool Party and Silver Glimmer cardstock. Finally, the white pennant was stamped with the sentiment and stars, also included in the PP kit.

I’m linking up this layout at the My Pumpkin Challenge! It’s always fun to see other takes and ways to use the supplies in these kits!

I still have a goal to get caught up on scrapbooking this year, and the pages we do for our monthly group really help keep me motivated and sticking with that goal. Plus we have tons of fun hanging out each month! :) I’ll share a few more of those soon!

3 comments:

Boni said...

Wow! What a fun scrapbook page. Love the color combo and those stars are fab! Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge. :)

Heather said...

Great colors - and I love that field of stars! There's a quote in here somewhere, lol... Thanks so much for linking at My Pumpkin Challenge!

Cathy Caines said...

Yup, who doesn't love the stars!! love, love!