Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of School

My “babies” are now in 10th and 6th grade. It’s a happy/sad feeling.

Check out my Back to School post from last year. Excerpt below that still adequately describes my feelings today as they were last year.

Today the kiddos went back to school. I am equal parts happy and sad.

Happy that they get to go see their friends again, learn some new stuff and enjoy all the things they get to be involved in at school.

Sad that my kiddos are getting a year older. Sad that we have to go back to homework, book reports and school projects. Sad that the carefree days of summer are over to be replaced with routines and schedules and early mornings.

But overall happy I guess.

(BTW – Gwynie got a new flannel type shirt this year and Brady got a new button down shirt with skull/crossbones on the tie. They are consistent in their tastes at least from year to year!)

It was overcast this morning, but we still managed to get our traditional back to school pictures!

DSC_0641  Gwynie, 10th Grade

DSC_0649Brady, 6th Grade

 

More pictures from this morning. Thank goodness they indulge me!

DSC_0631 DSC_0635 DSC_0637     Can I just take a moment to say I had pants like these when I was in 7th grade…ala 1994 (20 years ago!!!)…

 

DSC_0644 DSC_0645   Such a forced smile, ha!

DSC_0647

 

I thought it would be fun to compare their first day of Kindergarten to today. My how time flies.

Brady K-6

Gwynie K-10

No comments: