Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Colorful Clock Inspiration

I have had this clock image below in my head ever since I saw it posted last week for the Fabulous Friday Challenge at Moxie Fab World. I sat down tonight to see how I could translate it to paper and what I could come up with as inspiration.

Gwynie Colorful Heart   The quality of this photo isn’t the best as I was taking it a later tonight, but I think you get the gist of the project! :)

I took the triangles from the What’s Your Type stamp set to create the square/triangle/diamonds image to mimic the design in the clock below, and made it into a heart shape. I paired the colors up by lighter/darker similar to what I would do with a two-step stamping approach. 

il_570xN.509540396_oq9s

The journaling reads: 1st Day of School August 2010 – 6th grade

Yeah, I’m still working on plucking away at those older photos, ha! ;) Gwynie will be in 10th grade as of next Tuesday and Brady will be in 6h grade…same as as Gwynie was in these photos. Oh my goodness, time is flying by WAY too fast! Can’t believe school starts in one week for my kiddos!

Here’s a look at all the different inks used in the heart stamped shape!

Stampin' Up Inks

My Basic Gray ink pad was so dry that I used a black ink pad, stamped off once, and then stamped on my page for the darker gray color.

Not quite a rainbow, but almost! ;) I love seeing all these pretty ink colors together and can’t wait to see what else I can create with these colors in different combinations!

1 comment:

terisplace said...

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant, Candy!

Teri