Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Clicking Cameras & Cousins

I spent a little bit of time in my craft room over the weekend and pulled this page together for the Clicking Cameras challenge over at Moxie Fab World.

A little while pack I received a prize pack for the Moxie Fab Scrapbooking Rocks challenge, and the  Maggie Holmes collection was included in the prize package. I decided this was the perfect time to use the sweet papers and colors, and the fun vintage camera paper and die cut to tie in with the challenge.  Typically when I think about scrapbooking for Thanking (when these photos were taken several…ahem, 6 years ago) it seems natural to make the pages in fall colors with leaves and feathers. Now, while I will most likely do that on other Thanksgiving pages down the road, I let myself “break the rules” and used pinks and butterflies and gold and bows for a page all about cousins and family. Really, there are no rules in scrapbooking but sometimes it’s nice to remind yourself of that fact and enjoy the process. ;)

Cousins

I added a strip of gold sequin trim and a few other sequins to the page (Stampin’ Up!), but pretty much everything on the page came from the MH collection. It almost feels like cheating when everything coordinates so perfectly together. ;)

Cousins Close Up

I love those sweet little bows and am sure I’ll be using the whole package up soon! I have another picture of these kiddos and Jake’s parents from another Thanksgiving, I just might make another page with this line while it’s still out on my desk. ;) Still plucking away at getting caught up on my scrapbooking this year, ha!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Beverley said...

Wonderful colourful layout :) Hugs Bev x

terisplace said...

Lovely page, Kandi!