Friday, June 27, 2014

Catching Up

Summer started off with a bang and I think this little family of mine will continue to be running at a fast pace clear through December, not even  kidding! :) My last post was on 5/22…so about two months of silence huh? Here’s what we’ve been up to!

Gwynie

Gwynie has been playing on a competitive softball team with try-outs and practices that started in February, and games in April and May for the Spring Season. We’re into the Summer Season now with games almost every single weekend in June and July, and then will head into the Fall season in August and September. They practice a few times a week and surprise, surprise, Jake is now helping coach her team. I should say I didn’t see that coming, but that would be a lie. ;) I love that Jake loves coaching and spending time with the kids. This sports crazy family kills me, but I really do love this busy little life of ours.

DSC_0001

Gwynie also celebrated her 15th birthday on the 21st! I was pretty emotional the whole week leading up to her birthday. It’s not fair that they grow so fast! ;) She went to the demolition derby with her friends and they dressed her up special for this event…she has never dressed like a country girl but she looked great and had such a good time! She had friends hang out and stay over on her birthday and the next day Jake made her favorite dinner, orange chicken. She also made her own birthday cake this year (her request!) and both cake and dinner tasted amazing.

DSC_0149DSC_0147 

DSC_0157

Brady

Brady had been continuing to go to wrestling practice last week to help and be a good practice partner for his teammates, but he decided not to wrestle at Regionals or Nationals this year. Instead, he wanted to go to football camp! Brady went to the University of Utah’s Football Camp and got to meet Coach Kyle Wittingham, and learn techniques and drills from the Ute players and coaches. He said it was awesome and next year he wants to do the two week camp. He also said he learned a lot and is really looking forward to football this year!

DSC_0097 DSC_0099 DSC_0119  DSC_0130

Jake

What to say about this guy? When Jake’s not coaching wrestling or softball (and soon football in August) he’s at the gym or hard at work on a big project at work. In fact – he’s been so hard at work that his amazing boss told him he wants to send Jake on a trip to Boston to watch the Red Sox at Fenway! This is Jake’s ultimate dream come true! We’ll spend some time in New York City and then drive down to Boston and spend a couple days there. July can’t come soon enough for Jake!

IMG_4642 IMG_4605

We’ve also been hooked on the Food Network Star show. It’s been on for several seasons but it’s the first time we’ve ever watched and we love it. We can be tv junkies, but only if we DVR all the shows and then binge watch them on Sunday. ;)

Kandi

I’m just the tag along for these crazies and all their games and camps and wherever else they drag me! ;) Ha.

Jake and I have been doing a fitness competition at work and….I WON!!! I won the overall women's category for muscle gain and fat loss! I'm still in shock and blown away! It has been a lot of hard work since February and I'm so excited to win a trip to anywhere in the US (Hawaii maybe?!), but more than anything I am so glad for the positive changes this has brought about. I'm down around 15 pounds, lost 6.6 % body fat and 4 inches off my waist, and I also gained lean muscle. I feel better than I have in years and have found a new confidence in myself. I still have a long way to go, but I know now that I can do hard things! Jake has been such an amazing work out partner and a constant support. I don't think I could have done this without him!

IMG_4681

This weekend Jake and I will relax but we'll also decide what's next....just because the competition is over doesn't mean we're stopping on our fitness journey. This is a lifestyle change. We're not on a "diet" we just know what to eat and how to control our portions. We'll also figure out what our next goals are. My first goal was to join the competition, my next goal was to finish strong. My third goal was to wear a bikini this summer and I've been able to cross each goal off my list.

IMG_4709

 

Last, I’ve still been crafty here and there and will be posting some cards and projects soon! In fun crafty news, I received notification that one of my projects is going to be on the COVER of the October Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine! It’s the first time I’ve been on a cover and I still can’t quite believe it. Lots of fun news lately. :)

To wrap it all up, here’s a card I haven’t shared yet. This appeared in the CARDS May magazine and features some stamping and embossing.

 

Thank You

All supplies Stampin’ Up!

Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Stamps: (background stripes) Gorgeous Grunge, (sentiment) Oh, Hello (now retired)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Misc: Clear embossing powder, heat gun, stamping sponges, witches brew washi tape (now retired)

Hoping for some crafty time this weekend! Gwynie has a tournament this weekend today and tomorrow, and we’re planning a family hike (and taking our Ryker dog with us) for Sunday. Once again another fun-filled weekend but I wouldn’t have it any other way. :)

No comments: