Thursday, January 16, 2014

Merry, Merry, Merry

Today I have another layout to share that I created during Christmas. I used my Cameo for this and I have to say I am soooo glad my Mom and Dad got this for me for Christmas, it’s kind of like a dream come true! They got each of my sisters one too so we’ve had fun sharing ideas and talking about the projects we’ll make! (At least Laci and I have, Shae has been super busy with school and roller derby!) :)

Merry Merry Merry

The ornament shapes were a freebie from the Silhouette online store during Christmas, but you can still download it for less than a $1 if you want it! :) Since it was a Silhouette original design I can’t share my file, but I can give you an idea on how I made it.

I opened the ornament shapes, traced and detached a section of the ornament and deleted the extra pieces, but kept just the ornament base along with the toppers for each. Once I had those pieces I welded the tops to each shape and placed them on the right edge for my layout. After that it was just a matter of cutting out the layout base and adding decorative paper behind the ornaments.

merry close upmerry close up 2 

To get the gold toppers on the ornament I used a VersaMark pen and gold embossing powder. I also embossed the gold with the Off the Grid stamp to give it more texture. Sequins were added for some bling and dazzle and finally a few embellishments with the title finished the page off.

I generally like scrapping holiday photos during the holidays but I need to work on getting more done this year so I might be scrapping Christmas in July! :)

No comments: