Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fa La La Christmas Trees

Although Christmas has already passed, maybe you’re getting ready to work on some Christmas scrapbook pages from photos you took this year. Or if you’re like me you still have a big stack of photos from years’ past. :)

Since either may be the case I didn’t think it was too late to share a Christmas layout, especially since I got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas (thanks Mom and Dad!) and have been playing with it a lot lately. I may also use this as the layout we do for our monthly scrapbook class because I like it that much!

The layout below was one of the first things I did on my Cameo! I used a font that had Christmas tree shapes (called KG Christmas Trees)  and found a basic shape I liked (I think it was the letter K!) to get the shape I wanted to create a full tree image. That’s a trick I picked up to get more out of your fonts to create shapes! :)

 Fa La La

After cutting out the shape on white textured cardstock I backed it with an old patterned paper piece. Adorning the tree are some American Crafts chipboard pieces along with a few sequins. I then splattered some ink drops in Pool Party across the page for added texture. After I added the photos I then journaled in the bottom tree and added the title in felt Thickers. One of my favorite tricks is when I don’t have the exact or right letters I substitute letters. In this case I used an @ symbol for my a’s! :) It adds character while being resourceful…the perfect thing for a crafter!

Tree close up

Here’s a close-up of the trees all coming together to make one giant tree! The sequins and chip board shapes mimic a Christmas tree as ornaments and other decorations.

If you’d like to download this Christmas Tree file I created you can download my cut file below:

Christmas Trees by Kandi Phillips

So I’m still a newbie at using my Cameo but I’m SO excited by it and am really looking forward to everything I can make with it! I have another layout I created that I’ll share tomorrow!

No comments: