Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Watercolor Butterflies

W is for Wednesday and W is also for Watercoloring! :)
The challenge over at SUO Challenges is to create a project using your favorite technique and I absolutely LOVE to use my Aqua Painter and ink pads to watercolor on my cards and projects! (Check out this card and this card for variations on this technique!)





To create this look I embossed the butterflies with clear embossing powder and then used Coastal Cabana ink and my Aqua Painter to streak ink over the butterflies. The embossing will resist the ink leaving a pretty cool background!
The I just piled on a few goodies that I’ve been loving as of late - Ruffle trim, washi tape, chevron ribbon, glimmer paper and of course an itty bitty butterfly topped with a rhinestone!
There are so many techniques I love but adding these splashes of color to my cards with an ink pad an Aqua Painter is super easy and I love it! Give it a try!
Supplies
CS: Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Coastal Cabana, VersaMark
Stamp: Papillon Potpourri
Misc: Aqua Painter, Clear EP, Coastal Cabana Ruffle Trim, Epic Day Washi Tape, Crushed Curry Chevron ribbon,  1 1/4 in circle punch,  Itty Bitty Butterfly punch, rhinestone

6 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Great job on the embossed watercolor background!! Love the butterflies and the watercolor looks terrific!! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges!

nancy littrell said...

I love your brushed watercolor background, eb resist and free style embellishments. All great techniques. TFS

Latenightstamper said...

Thanks for playing along with the Stampin Up Only Challenge.
I love all the cards and ideas!
Your card is beautiful. The background is amazing!!!! Nice work!
sherrill graff lnsconvention@aol.com

Deena Boos said...

What a fun and easy way to do emboss resist! I love the colors and your cluster of goodies. So fun! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

Karen Barber said...

What a great card.....this is the kind of stuff my own brain just will NOT create.....so I love looking at what others do with this modern look - I love the colors you chose - it's awesome!

Mike & Pam said...

Totally awesome! I just love this card and the technique you used. It is totally amazing. Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges.