Thursday, September 12, 2013

All That Glitters is Gold

Gold is the new black, am I right?
Gold is super trendy right now and although I previously have not been a gold loving girl (give me diamonds and bling!), I’ve been sucked in and am not turning back anytime soon. Although to clarify that would be in paper crafting, not on the fashion side…still not loving gold that way but I’m working on it. ;)
So, what’s the deal with loving on gold? Check it – The All That Glitters is Gold challenge at Moxie Fab World.





This is definitely one of those cards that I would say looks SO much better in person! ;)
I started out with a sheet of vellum and ran a Crisp Cantaloupe ink pad over it to create the streaky background. Then I heat embossed the medallion/doily images in gold, but before embossing I blew onto the vellum piece to push some of the powder off the images. This gave them a distressed look, but also achieved some loose powder to add more flecks of gold to the  background.
I adhered the vellum sheet to a Naturals White base and then added a sentiment strip also embossed in gold, along with some lace, cardstock strip, gold brad and a handful of gold sequins.
So, you likey the gold? I have a few more ideas I want to try, but challenge or not I’m excited to add some more gold to my life. ;)
Supplies
CS: Naturals White, Vellum, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, VersaMark
Stamps: Lacy & Lovely, Remembering Your Birthday
Misc: sequins, gold embossing powder, vintage brad, lace trim

3 comments:

Joni nina Andaya said...

Love this doily stamps! So lovely!

Helen F. said...

Pretty gold Birthday card, Kandi! I like the gold on Cantaloupe color :)

Cath said...

Hey Kandi! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)