Thursday, August 22, 2013

I’d Rather

Jake and I celebrated our anniversary last Friday and went to Deer Valley/Park City to celebrate. It was a blast and oh so relaxing!

I love the sentiment on this card: I’d rather do NOTHING with you than SOMETHING with anyone else. I think it’s the perfect sentiment to give to someone you love and is perfect for Jake!

I'd Rather

This is a one layer card, oh how I love to make these but sometimes they seem harder than a layered card because they can be so simple.

To jazz this up I embossed the flower image in clear embossing powder and then used sponges to add in color. It kind of looks like a beach and ocean view at sunset right? I did not intend to, just liked the colors together, but couldn’t help see it afterwards. :)

I’m linking up to The Paper Players for their One Layer Card challenge!

pp159 Here’s a quick pic of me and my guy on our anniversary. Snapped with my iPhone so not the best quality but I still like it. :) It’s crazy that we’ve been married for 12 years now, time has just raced by!

photo

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jingle said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Cute photo, too! :)

Ann Schach said...

Happy belated anniversary! Your card is gorgeous! I love the sponging, and the colors you selected :) Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a soft and serene card, Kandi! I love the shading behind the image. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! Happy anniversary, too! :)