Monday, August 12, 2013

Convention 2013!

This was my very first Convention since signing up as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator earlier this year, and oh my was it ever fun!

I did not take near as many pictures as I should have though which is unlike me, but I blame it on having so much fun, or just being plain exhausted at the end, ha! Maybe next year. ;)

But, what did get are fun (some from  my phone and some from my actual camera), so here are some of my highlights from Convention 2013!

My Pre-Convention festivities started on Wednesday night with a meet and greet at Squatter’s. :) It was so fun to see this sign on the door (kind of hard to see) welcoming Stampin’ Up!

photo(10)

I was a tad excited. ;)

I was even more excited to meet Brenda (yes Mrs. QBee herself!!) after we had been emailing and chatting as we did the Artisan Entry Blog Hop the week before. I cannot say enough great things about Brenda! She was so sweet in person and is just a happy, happy person! We shared some laughs that night and I’m so grateful to her for organizing that hop! 

photo(8)

I also met a really fun group of ladies that I hung out with that night and bumped into the next day at Convention!

 photo(9)

1040398_302078856603951_1931240626_o

You girls were so sweet to welcome me to your group that night, and I’m so glad we’ll be able to stay in touch through FB!

 

It was a fantastic night and I couldn’t wait to go to the Opening Session of Convention the next day!

 

So it was back to work for a short day Thursday, but before I went to Convention I made a stop at the Paper Crafts Magazine office to drop off a few projects that will be a future issue. :) It was so fun to see Susan again and of course we had to snap a quick picture!

photo(7)

After we both posted this to our respective Instagram/FB pages Susan left me a comment that said:

We.Are.Cute.

I replied back:

Yes.We.Are.

:)

Then it was off to the Salt Palace for Convention!!

photo(6)I took a quick selfie when I arrived! I picked up my “First Convention” pin and snapped a pic in front of the giant “Be the Difference” logo. That was our theme this year and I LOVED it!! There were so many things that tied into that statement. :) I swapped a bunch of cards and then met up with my friend LeeLa and her group of awesome Canadian ladies and a couple Aussies as well!

  photo(5)

We all changed into our Convention t-shirts that had the same theme/logo on them. Love the color of the logo! Thank you LeeLa for encouraging me to sign up for Convention! :)

Then we waited in a ginormous line but had a ridiculously good time just chatting and laughing away! Finally we got into the Main Stage area. One word….Whoa.

DSC_0726

There were almost 6000 people in attendance this year! It’s a special year though…the 25th Anniversary so you knew it was going to be a big deal! I laughed because on the jumbo tron there was a question…Where were you 25 years ago. Me? I was 6. ;)

DSC_0732

The Opening Session started with a bang! Ryan Innes from The Voice sang our theme song this year and it was incredible! Isn’t that stage just so pretty too?! Those panels would alternate in colors depending on what they were doing, it was too cool!

Co-Founder and CEO Shelli Gardner and a few others talked and we all got showered with gifts! Then it was on to Gathering Place where all the new products were shown and there were several display boards and booth areas.

DSC_0740DSC_0748 DSC_0746DSC_0747

Such pretty decorations!

DSC_0744

I’m totally pointing at the wrong card here (it’s down lower) but we found a few of my cards on the Display Boards that were part of my Artisan Entry!

There were lots of things to do!

 

We participated in setting a Guinness World Record for the most greeting cards sent from a single location at one time! We did it!

    DSC_0750

DSC_0751

Christine (we met the night before at Squatters!) and I with the cute mailman.;)

 DSC_0739

We also had an opportunity to put together birthday kits for children who happen to be in the hospital on their birthday! It was such an incredible experience and I am so thankful that Stampin’ Up! does things like this for our community!

The next day I found more of my cards on the display boards, how fun!

photo(4)

Tried to get a better shot of the one I messed up the previous day. ;)

photo(3)The top one was one of my Artisan cards and the bottom was a swap I had left at the SU office during Regionals so that was fun to see them there!  I think I counted 5 cards of mine? Basically all my Artisan cards except the one with the embossing powders but then the swap card added in.

 

Group Picture Christine, Annie, LeeLa and me

You girls were sooooo much fun! I am so glad I got to know you better, we had a blast didn’t we?!! :) I think I was looking at Chris’ camera though, haha!

And then I really did not take a lot of pictures after this!

Except for this little gem here…..

photo(1)

With that many women and few men in attendance the men’s restrooms are converted to women’s restrooms during Convention. I walked out of my stall and walked up to a urinal, you know out of habit like in a women’s restroom, and had to laugh at myself. So I told the other girls and we had to recreate the moment!! This is my puzzled face in case you were wondering. :)

 

After the activities we did at the convention center we went to The Melting Pot for dinner with our large group before Awards Night.

photo(2)

1005338_10153030298410307_198078814_n Thanks to Tracy for snapping this photo of us at our table! :)

Awards night was great, so many awesome ladies were recognized and there was a 25 Year celebration party! Then the following day we did lots of classes, got super inspired and had a final send-off with even more prizes at closing session!

photo

Convention ended on such a high note and I’m still thinking about all the many things I learned while there. It was an awesome time to network and meet new people, have a chance to talk to others about their classes, or projects, etc. I am so looking forward to next year. Thank you to everyone that made this such a special event!

DSC_0801

1 comment:

LeeLa Smith said...

Thanks for posting all these cute pic's Ms Kandi! I can't believe it's been almost a month! SO MUCH FUN!