Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School!

Today the kiddos went back to school. I am equal parts happy and sad.

Happy that they get to go see their friends again, learn some new stuff and enjoy all the things they get to be involved in at school.

Sad that my kiddos are getting a year older. Sad that we have to go back to homework, book reports and school projects. Sad that the carefree days of summer are over to be replaced with routines and schedules and early mornings.

But overall happy I guess. I do like routines after all, it’s just the other stuff I have to get over. Like my baby girl starting high school. And my baby boy starting 5th grade. And my baby being a freshman….that is seriously killing me!

No matter what I feel though, it’s a new year and the kids are probably both equally happy and sad as well. :)

It’s a Back to School  tradition to take pics of the kiddos the morning before they leave for school. I always wonder what they will choose for their first day of school outfits and love how their personalities get to shine through. It’s always fun to look back on previous years and see how they change and evolve.

Alright, so the pictures that my momma has been waiting for all day! And I’m really going to try to get back in my posting routine, ha!

  DSC_0928 Miss Gwynie, 9th Grade

DSC_0927DSC_0929 DSC_0930 DSC_0931 DSC_0932 Me: Gwynie be serious in one

Gwynie: I can’t keep a straight face!

DSC_0933

And little brother!DSC_0937 Brady, 5th Grade

DSC_0938 DSC_0939 (He was acting like it was so painful! So I told him to get loose and teased him while snapping a few pics and got some even cuter ones after this, haha)

DSC_0942 DSC_0943 DSC_0944 DSC_0946

Another Back to School tradition we do is taking the kids out for dinner on the first day. We started this clear back when Gwynie was in Kindergarten as a way to talk about the day at school and not have to hassle with dinner or clean up at home and really focus on the kids. We’ve had BTS dinners at McDonald’s, Golden Corral, The Mayan and countless others, but as you can see it always varies from what the kids are into that year, haha. We just ask that they agree to the same place. ;) It was such a blast to go out tonight and hear all their fun stories! I sure do love these two!

No comments: