Saturday, July 13, 2013

Artisan Entry Blog Hop – Day 9

  ArtisanEntryBlogHopHeader    

It’s Day 9 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop!  Today is our second to last day, crazy! I have loved all the projects shared the past 9 days and I will be sad when it’s all over and done, but excited to know I’ve met some great ladies throughout this hop! :)

If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!

So today is one of my 3D projects…dun, dun, dun! I am so not a 3D person so this was super hard and a big stretch for me! (Seriously I wanted to cry while making these, hahaha.)

Advice from the Ocean 

The was a graphic floating around the blog-o-sphere that had this “Advice from the Ocean” quote and I wanted to recreate it in MDS and frame. Now here’s the thing….I still don’t have MDS, ha!! Since I signed up in February I’m still accumulating some of the basics I need and have missed ordering that cd. Guess I should fix that soon because there have been some awesome layouts and projects made with MDS along the hop. I need those ladies to help me out! :)

Anyway, I did the bare bones basic trial download and still managed to come up with the print out above (and below). I’ve also included a link below for you to download this and make your own frame if you would like to!

Ocean Download at Box.net - https://app.box.com/s/safl1oayloqlp5sp24kw

I honestly probably could not recreate this again, haha! Luckily I copied the things from MDS that I used and will list below if that helps anyone. :)

Also, here are some detail shots of the decorated frame!

Ocean 1 Ocean 2 Ocean 3

I also did a little hybrid work here with paper strips, pearls and linen thread.

Ocean 4

You can see some of the pearls here.

Ocean 5

And I even tucked in a little bit of lace below the driftwood. Sort of hard to see, but I like the ruffled edges and the shabbiness it gave.

I printed out an extra one to make for my beachy, sea shell lovin’ Momma (they do live in Florida after all) but since she’s way better at everything sea shells maybe I’ll just let her decorate her own frame. ;)

Wow, that almost wraps up the hop! One more day and the project of doom that took me FOR.EV.ER will be tomorrow.  See you then!

Supplies:

CS: Calypso Coral, Pool Party

Accessories: Pearl Basic Jewels, 5/8” Crochet Trim, Linen Thread

MDS Supplies:

Background
Card Stock\Very Vanilla
Embellishments
Designer Kits\Celebrate Any Day - embellishments\Celebrate Any Day - pool party pattern
Designer Kits\Celebrate Any Day - embellishments\Celebrate Any Day - stripes pool party

Staple & Stitching\Chocolate - Simple Stitches scallop 3 (re-colored)
Stamps
Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 4
Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 10
Designer Kits\Downtown Grunge\Downtown Grunge - script, Color = 0,0,0

Misc supplies: Seashells, netting, driftwood, frame, glue gun

 

Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!

 ArtisanBlogHopBackButtonArtisanBlogHopNextButton

Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!

1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/

2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/

3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/

5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/

6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/

7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/

8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/

9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/

10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/

11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog

7 comments:

Lauri Ingram said...

Thank you SO much for sharing your picture for us! I am definitely taking this and printing it; I love the look of "subway art" and to think this was your first MDS page..cool!I have had it but not that great with it...I am trying to get myself to use it more too, but I just like the old fashioned paper way too much to go totally digital; your project is a perfect way to combine the two!

lmel09 said...

That is so cute Kandi and so clever! You did a great job with the shells!

Joan said...

What a great project and subway art is hot right now. I love all the details you added. Wonderfully fun project you have created.

Brenda Quintana said...

What a fabulous framed artwork. I can't believe you're not a 3D person, because it doesn't show at all. This piece is absolutely wonderful.

Lelly Jelly said...

LOVE this project!!! Thanks or sharing it with us. I haven't managed to do anything on MDS yet! you've given me hope!x

Wendie Waldman said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Cindy Major said...

I love, love, love this! It might be my favorite 3D project of the whole hop! I like the fun quotes, the nice colours, the way you decorated the frame... Very nice!!