Thursday, July 11, 2013

Artisan Entry Blog Hop – Day 7

  ArtisanEntryBlogHopHeader

It’s Day 7 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop!

If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!

Today I’m sharing another scrapbook page! As I mentioned yesterday my goal with the scrapbook pages was to take a plain piece of 12x12 Whisper White cardstock and to transform it. Yesterday I showed how you can transform it with masks and mists, but today is all about the DSP. :)

Brady Team Utah 

Since there are three pages to create for your entries I did one page for each of the three people in my life, my Gwynie girl, my Brady and my husband Jake. :) My little guy is a wrestler and when I thought about making a scrapbook page of him of course I knew I wanted to make a page about wrestling. :)

As mentioned I started with a Whisper White base, and then cut some of the Epic Day DSP out into the shape of our state, Utah! Luckily it’s a really easy shape to mimic, haha. ;) Since Brady travels all over the state for tournaments and is on Team Utah I thought it would be a fun play on the page.  I also did a few other details of pin-pointing where he’s wrestled in the state and used a brad and bakers twine to connect it to the photo of the event. The little “geo tag” stamp is from the clear Typeset 1 set.

Brady 1

I also used a lot of the stickers from the Epic Day sticker set and punched out some circles from the Epic Day DSP. I wanted to create different levels to add dimension to the page so used a lot of dimensionals throughout the page.

Brady 2

I also used some of the Epic Day washi tape on the page, and put strips underneath the raised photos. I also took the flag strips from the stickers and put those around tooth picks to make mini pennants. The rotary stamp was also used to stamp the 2013.

Brady 3

The journaling reads:

Brady – You won tons of matches and brought home countless 1st and 2nd place medals this year! You placed 5th @ State and we are so proud of your hard work, dedication and perseverance. Stay tough B – We love you! Go Team Utah!

Brady 4   Brady 5  

CS: Whisper White, Basic Gray

DSP: Epic Day This and That

Stamp: Remember This and That Rotary Stamp, Designer Type Photopolymer

Ink: Basic Gray, Pool Party Reinker

Tools: 2 ½” circle punch,1 ¼” circle punch, ½” circle punch, Stampin’ Spritzer, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, Paper-Piercing Tool

Accessories: Whisper White Bakers Twine, 3/16” Metallic Brads, Epic Day This and That Designer Stickers, Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!

ArtisanBlogHopBackButtonArtisanBlogHopNextButton

Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!

1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/

2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/

3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/

5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/

6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/

7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/

8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/

9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/

10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/

11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog

6 comments:

Brenda Quintana said...

Love this page!! What a great tribute to your son. I love all the picture bubbles and how you cut the background into the shape of Utah. Very clever!

lmel09 said...

What a little stud! And what an awesome page Kandi! Lots of work and love went into that!

Joan said...

Big wrestling fan here, in a state that doesn't support the sport. LOVE your page and your little wrestler too!

Pam Staples said...

Love your scrapbook page and use of the Designer Series Paper! Congratulations to your son for his hard work... Of course, as a daughter & sister to a brother & dad that both wrestled I always seemed to find myself at the bottom of the wrestling heap ;)

Lauri Ingram said...

Oh my word! Your experience and talent as a scrapper really shows here! Such detail and love went into this page!

Lisa Hensley said...

There are so many great details on this page -- love everything about it!