Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Artisan Entry Blog Hop – Day 6

 

ArtisanEntryBlogHopHeader

It’s Day 6 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop!

If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!

Today I’m starting to share my scrapbook pages! I started out as a scrapbooker at 16 and never thought I would get into making cards, but I’m glad I did. :) (If you’re reading, thanks Sharon!) I’m still slowly incorporating more stamping in my layouts, and I like how this page is highlighted by the few stamped images.

   Miss Gwynie

On each of the three pages I’ll be sharing I started out with a piece of 12x12 Whisper White cardstock. I wanted to carry that theme to showcase the fact that even just a plain white piece of cardstock can be transformed into something different!

To transform this page I punched out some butterflies, and die cut some doilies to make a mask that I then sprayed with my Stampin’ Mister and Melon Mambo reinker. Once that was dried I started to layer all of the embellishments. I listed all of the products and tools at the end of the post, but if you have any questions, just ask! :)

Gwynie 7

It all started with my beautiful model, my daughter Gwynie. I had taken this picture on her first day of school last year, amazing how time goes by that fast!

Gwynie 3

The journaling reads:

When I look at you I still see my little girl, but behind the lens I can clearly see how quickly you have grown up. You traded in your skinned-knees for twirly skirts, your Barbies for an iPhone and pony-tails for a flat iron. You  may not be my baby anymore, but I am so proud of the kind and generous lady you are becoming. I may be losing my little girl, but I am gaining a best friend and confidante. xoxo - Mom

And now some more close-ups!

Gwynie 1 

For the journaling block, I layered a strip of DSP under the Basic Gray, and then added a strip of Silver Glimmer paper that had been border punched. Then two strips of cardstock were layered over that with a doily and Vintage Faceted button over top the strips. I added in a few rhinestones sprinkled over the page once everything was in place.

Gwynie 2 The journaling block also serves as a place to layer the main picture, and carry through some smaller details. The bakers twine was dyed with Melon Mambo reinker. In the bottom corner I stamped the largest medallion from Lacy & Lovely in Tempting Turquoise into the center of the doily remnant after it had been misted.

 

Gwynie 4 Under the photo I layered a doily that had been sprayed with the Melon Mambo reinker and Stampin’ Mister, and then two circle layers of stamped images. To the right of the photo I die-cut a butterfly, embossed it with the Vine Street ef and then ran Black Stazon ink over top of the raised image.

Gwynie 5 The top of the page has a hand-written title in a basic black marker, then some little embellishments like rhinestones and the arrow clip adorn the photo and title. On the top of the photo you can see a doily circle and a butterfly. The tiny scalloped circle was the center of one of the doilies and made the perfect little center! Don’t overlook the scraps and extra pieces from your punches. :)

Gwynie 6 In the top of this photo you can see where I did another butterfly in the window sheets but this time I layered a Tempting Turquoise butterfly underneath the window sheet. Also, I stamped the arrows from Oh, Hello onto the page for visual interest and texture.

I’m really happy with how this came together and you can bet I’ll be recreating this one for Gwynie’s scrapbook. :)

Supplies:

CS: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Window Sheets, Silver Glimmer Paper

DSP: Sunshine and Sprinkles

Stamp: Lacy & Lovely; Oh, Hello

Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, Melon Mambo reinker, Stazon Black, Whisper White Craft

Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Vine Street Embossing Folder, 2 ½” circle punch, Scallop Trim Border, Elegant Butterfly punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Stampin’ Spritzer, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker

Accessories: Cute Clips (hung up), Tea Lace Paper Doilies, White Bakers Twine (dyed with Melon Mambo Reinker), Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Dimensionals, Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots

 

Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!

ArtisanBlogHopBackButtonArtisanBlogHopNextButton

Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!

1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/

2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/

3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/

5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/

6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/

7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/

8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/

9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/

10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/

11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog

10 comments:

Dana said...

This is STUNNING!!!! Amazing work!

Cindy Major said...

Beautiful page, very artistic! Love the sprayed background!

Joan said...

First, I must comment on your beautiful daughter- she is lovely. Next, the page is adorable. I love the idea of 3 pages starting with white and making them all look different. You shoul make this into a class (scaled down a bit of course) what a fantasic idea!

Tanya said...

This page is GORGEOUS!!

Anna said...

AMAZING! I love the colors, the layout and the girl is beautiful! Fantastic layout!

Pam Staples said...

Totally amazing! I'm in love with this scrapbook page. The details, color and spritzing are amazing. I'm going to have to CASE it and some point.

lmel09 said...

Wow Kandi! This page is gorgeous just like your Gwynie! I love the explosin of color and all your amazing details! It's very apparent you're a seasoned scrapbooker!

Lauri Ingram said...

Gorgeous! (the page and your daughter!) Such detail, and great way to incorporate stamping!

Brenda Quintana said...

FABulous page!!!! I love all the original details.

Lisa Hensley said...

I could get lost looking at all the details that you incorporated in your page -- fabulous!!