It’s Day 5 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop! I hope you’re enjoying the projects along the way, I know I’m loving everything I’ve seen!
If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!
We were to create five cards, three scrapbook pages and two 3-D projects with our entries and today I have my last card to share before moving onto the other projects!
This card was really fun to stamp! I used the clear Photopolymer stamp set Typeset 1 and the sentiment from the (retired) Whirly Twirly that was in the Spring Catalog.
I started with an Island Indigo card base and then layered that with a Whisper White piece that had been stamped in Pool Party, Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie and Going Gray for the sentiment and arrows at the bottom of the card. Next, I layered another Whisper White piece over some little flags at the top of the card and then added some Epic Day washi tape to complete the card.
Here’s a close-up of the top.
And a close-up of the bottom half. I wanted to make the card really look like it was going in different directions to fit with the arrows and the sentiment.
One thing that I’ve really enjoyed from the contest was somewhat figuring out what I enjoy as a stamper and bringing out more of my “style” in my crafting. I definitely enjoy more clean and simple cards with white space, and minimal embellishments. :)
CS: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Stamps: Typeset 1, Whirly Twirly (now retired)
Accessories: Epic Day washi tape, Dimensionals
Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!
Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!
1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/
2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/
3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/
4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/
5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/
6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/
7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/
8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/
9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/
10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/
11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog