Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Artisan Entry Blog Hop – Day 5

ArtisanEntryBlogHopHeader

It’s Day 5 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop! I hope you’re enjoying the projects along the way, I know I’m loving everything I’ve seen!

If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!

We were to create five cards, three scrapbook pages and two 3-D projects with our entries and today I have my last card to share before moving onto the other projects!

Right Direction

This card was really fun to stamp! I used the clear Photopolymer stamp set Typeset 1 and the sentiment from the (retired) Whirly Twirly that was in the Spring Catalog.

I started with an Island Indigo card base and then layered that with a Whisper White piece that had been stamped in Pool Party, Island Indigo, Pumpkin Pie and Going Gray for the sentiment and arrows at the bottom of the card. Next, I layered another Whisper White piece over some little flags at the top of the card and then added some Epic Day washi tape to complete the card.

Right Direction 2

Here’s a close-up of the top.

Right Direction 3

And a close-up of the bottom half. I wanted to make the card really look like it was going in different directions to fit with the arrows and the sentiment.

One thing that I’ve really enjoyed from the contest was somewhat figuring out what I enjoy as a stamper and bringing out more of my “style” in my crafting. I definitely enjoy more clean and simple cards with white space, and minimal embellishments. :)

Supplies:

CS: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Basic Gray, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie

Ink: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, Island Indigo, Whisper White

Stamps: Typeset 1, Whirly Twirly (now retired)

Accessories: Epic Day washi tape, Dimensionals

 

Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!

ArtisanBlogHopBackButtonArtisanBlogHopNextButton

Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!

1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/

2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/

3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/

5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/

6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/

7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/

8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/

9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/

10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/

11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog

9 comments:

lmel09 said...

What a fun card Kandi! Did you use the SAMJ to get your lines so straight? Great job!

Joan said...

What a fun card! I have just ordered my first photopolymer stamp set. The stamping on your card shows how beautifully they are working! Love the touch of washi tape too :-)

Brenda Quintana said...

Great Card!! I really think you have captured the trendy style in this card and I love how you paired the sentiment with all those arrows. Awesome!!

cjzim said...

This is great - I love the graphic look of it!

Lisa Hensley said...

This is so cool!

Lauri Ingram said...

wow!!! Arrows are such a trend right now and this is great!!! Now I have to buy this set and case this card. lol

Tanya said...

This is great!

Anna said...

Super cute! What a fun use of that stamp set!

Pam Staples said...

LOVE this card!!! Super cute angles, colors and details.