Monday, July 8, 2013

Artisan Entry Blog Hop – Day 4

 ArtisanEntryBlogHopHeader

It’s Day 4 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop! I would like to thank Brenda for putting this hop together and to Joan for making our fun header and buttons for the hop!

If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!

I’m continuing to share my cards and today I have a card that like the others also features the now retired Word Play stamp set. I am so sad it’s not longer available, I really loved it! :)

You're in my thoughts

A lot of my entries revolved around new techniques or things I wanted to try. Basically a challenge to myself to try something new and unexpected (well at least for myself anyways, ha). So with this card I wanted to do a little bit of watercoloring. I started by taking Neutrals White cardstock and trimming it to match the Elegant Eggplant card base (8x4) which was also a differently sized card like the one I shared yesterday.

I then stamped all over with the Secret Garden stamp set in Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo and Rose Red. After stamping I took my Aqua Painter and dabbed water on the card and then swirled the colors around for a water colored look. Less water results in a more controlled look but I also love the messy  and free flowing look this creates. I stamped a few extra flowers on another piece of cardstock so I could cut them out and pop them up on some of the flowers.

You're in my thoughts 2 

I also added Dazzling Diamonds glitter and rhinestones to the centers of the flowers and tied some Island Indigo ribbon around the whole card.

Supplies:

CS: Elegant Eggplant, Neutrals White

Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Island Indigo

Stamps: Word Play (now retired), Secret Garden

Accessories: Island Indigo ribbon, Rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds, Aqua Painter

 

Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!

ArtisanBlogHopBackButtonArtisanBlogHopNextButton

Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!

1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/

2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/

3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/

5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/

6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/

7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/

8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/

9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/

10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/

11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog

6 comments:

Lauri Ingram said...

This is a beautiful technique and I love the colors your chose....really gorgeous with the watercolor effect (and love the detail of the dazzling diamonds!

Brenda Quintana said...

Gorgeous Card!! The sea of flowers you created is wonderful and I love how you came back and added even more flowers on top!! Love it!!

lmel09 said...

Great technique Kandi and a great card! I love the extra shimmer too!

Lisa Hensley said...

beautiful!!

Pam Staples said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I just love the watercolor technique that you used with the added details.

Anna said...

Oh I love all the details in this card! And the layers. Beautiful!