Sunday, July 7, 2013

2013 Artisan Entry Blog Hop – Day 3

ArtisanEntryBlogHopHeader

It’s Day 3 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop! 10 other ladies and myself are sharing projects we created for the contest. We’ll be cheering on the 20 Finalists at Convention in a couple weeks but lucky for you, you get to see our projects now!

If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!

I’m continuing to share my cards first and then the other projects, and today I have a card that is mainly made up of DSP!

 Remember When

This card is a different shape as well in that it’s a square 5x5 card. I punched out 18 circles from the Epic Day DSP (it was a promo and is now in the new catalog) with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch. To arrange the circles on the Crumb Cake card base, I folded the circles in and butted up the folded ends together to create a row. Then I “weaved” the next row in, alternating over and under on the tops of the new row or circles. I added brads to a couple of the circles for a bit of interest.

Next, I distressed the edges and inked them with Whisper White craft ink. The sentiment was stamped from Word Play (retired) and then I used my Stampin’ Mister and Pool Party reinker to add some watermarks and splatters for more distressing.

Remember When 2 

Creating the circle focal point really wasn’t that hard! Here’s a close-up so you can see how the shapes are weaved into each row and how they link together.

Remember When 3

I love the Antique brads and thought they were a fun touch with the distressed look and the “Remember When” sentiment!

Supplies:

CS: Crumb Cake, Epic Day DSP

Ink: Basic Black (Stazon), Whisper White Craft, Pool Party reinker

Stamps: Word Play (now retired)

Accessories: Antique Brads, Pool Party Reinker w/ Stampin’ Mister, 1 1/4 inch circle punch

 

Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!

ArtisanBlogHopBackButtonArtisanBlogHopNextButton

Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!

1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/

2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/

3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/

5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/

6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/

7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/

8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/

9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/

10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/

11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog

14 comments:

Lauri Ingram said...

This is so cool!!! What a great effect; I love cards made just from DSP since I have SO MUCH OF IT! (lol)...I will be casing this card for sure! thanks for the inspiration, I love this one!

Brenda Quintana said...

FABULOUS card!!!! I have never seen a focal point like this before and I think it's one I will definitely try in the future. The this and that paper was the perfect choice. Love it!!

Dani Dziama said...

WOW! That is one cool card! It looks awesome! I think I'll have to try this technique on one of my cards! Thanks for sharing!

lmel09 said...

What a fun and interesting card Kandi! I love that DSP and you showcased it really well!

Jen Timko said...

This is really cool!! Fabulous technique!

Cindy Major said...

What a great idea!! Really neat!

Joan said...

WOWie Kazowie! How much do I love this????? I will be CASEing this one and can't wait to do so!

Heather said...

This so totally gorgeous! I would have picked you for an artisan for sure - cause you ARE! Totally CASE-ing this!

Lisa Hensley said...

What a cool card -- love it!!!!!

Anna said...

That is amazing! I absolutely and completely love this!

Marti said...

I absolutely love this idea. The pattern is wonderful with the paper you chose and the random brads are perfect!

Pam Staples said...

Absolutely love this card! It is so interesting to look at with all the circles and different facets it creates.

Kym said...

What a cool card! This is wonderful, and what a great design concept.

Kym

Tanya said...

This is such a clever idea!! Nice job! :)