Saturday, July 6, 2013

2013 Artisan Entry Blog Hop – Day 2

ArtisanEntryBlogHopHeader

It’s Day 2 of the Artisan Entry Blog Hop! Although we weren’t selected as finalists, 10 other talented ladies and myself are sharing our projects that were submitted to the Artisan Contest Stampin’ Up! holds each year. I loved seeing all the great ideas yesterday, make sure you go back through if you missed them and keep checking back all week for tons of projects, cards and scrapbook pages!

If you came from Laura's blog you're in the right place, and if you’re just stopping by today make sure to scroll to the bottom for the full hop list so you can see all of the projects shared!

I shared one of my favorite cards yesterday and decided I would stick with sharing cards before moving on to my other projects. :)

 Thanks a Million

This was actually the very first card I made for the Artisan contest. :) I have been wanting to do a take on Ombre but still wanted a clean look with it since there are so  many colors involved.

I started with a Whisper White cardstock base and stamped the Woodgrain background stamp in Basic Gray Ink. For the Ombre sentiment strip I started by assembling the colors I knew I wanted to stamp in. I have fallen in love with Calypso Coral  and think it looks great with Gray so I knew I wanted to build off that color. Working each way towards more pink and then the other way towards more oranges and yellows I was able to create the Ombre look by having a midpoint color. You could always start in another direction like darkest color to lightest, but since I was varying the hue it was easier for my to brand out from the middle. Make sense?

Anyway, then I just started stamping the sentiment from Word Play (retired, wah wah) at the bottom and worked my way up rotating the colors I’d already selected.

Thanks a Million 2

Here’s a close-up of the sentiment strip. After I stamped and cut the strip out, I added a small piece of Calypso Coral cardstock to one edge and then used dimensionals to lift it off the card base.

 Thanks a Million 3

Like I mentioned yesterday on the embossing power card I could totally see making this in another color combo! You could change out the sentiment and tailor the colors to any occasion and recipient.

Supplies:

CS: Whisper White, Calypso Coral

Ink: Real Red, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose (now retired), Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, (descending order of Ombre strip) and Basic Gray

Stamps: Woodgrain, Word Play (now retired)

Accessories: Dimensionals

 

Now, if you’re ready for more cool ideas and inspiration, follow the links below to continue on the hop! Be sure to come back over the next several days!

ArtisanBlogHopBackButtonArtisanBlogHopNextButton

Here’s the hop order if there are any hiccups along the way!

1. Brenda Quintana qbeesquest.blogspot.com/

2. Joan Robertson dailystampede.com/

3. Lauri Ingram lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

4. Laura Mellinger laurasworksofheart.blogspot.com/

5. Kandi Phillips kandiphillips.blogspot.com/

6. Lisa Hensley ponygirl40stamps.blogspot.com/

7. Anna Black my-creation-station.blogspot.com/

8. Pamela Staples sunnygirlscraps.com/

9. Tina Munzke craftedwithclass.blogspot.com/

10. Cindy Major cindymajor.typepad.com/

11. Mary Haugen stampinup.net/esuite/home/maryhaugen/blog

10 comments:

Lauri Ingram said...

Kandi, what a great design! I love the ombre effect and you are right, in different color combinations this is a great card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joan said...

Please tell me you are an expert with a stamp a ma jig. You are, aren't you? Your sentiment is perfect. I love how playful this card is and the color combination really adds to it.

Brenda Quintana said...

What a cool design. It must have been hard to get the sentiment lined up so perfectly. I want to try that ombre effect now. Great Card!

Jen Timko said...

Love the ombre!! Such a great card!

lmel09 said...

What a fun, bright card Kandi!

Lisa Hensley said...

You've packed a lot of punch into a simple card - beautifully done!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderfully overall great card! Bright, pretty and says it all to someone who did something nice/special!

Heather said...

Another brilliant offering - such a deft hand with the colors - and I'm a total color junkie. LOVE this...

Anna said...

Very cute. I love the Ombre!

Pam Staples said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! Love the background with the words stamped in a row in different colors.