Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Shabby Secret Garden

As I mentioned yesterday I have been looking for a great flower set for awhile. I’ve found that perfect set in Secret Garden along with the matching Framelits dies so I’m sharing that love all week long with this fun stamp set and die combo!

In my card yesterday I used some of the die cut flowers I cut out with the Framelits dies, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have dozens of pretty flowers to put on projects. Lucky for me I’m pretty happy about that fact! ;)

So with all those pretty flowers to play with, today we’re going into a more shabby feel which is a style that is a bit different for the cards I naturally gravitate towards to. I consider myself a more CAS (clean and simple) stamper; however, sometimes it’s fun to mix it up and try something new and surprise yourself. 



I started with a Very Vanilla card base, and before I layered the Crumb Cake with dimensionals to the base, I misted and splattered Baked Brown Sugar reinker onto the cardstock. I folded a doily in half, layered some flags in Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe over top of that, and then added in some pretty die cut flowers. :)

Each flower was crumpled up to give it some dimension and texture, and was then adhered to the card. I also played with the new clay molds and added those in the center of my flowers along with some pearls to add to the shabby feel of the card.

While this is a bit out of the norm for me (at least I think so), tomorrow I have a card that I feel is a bit more “me” but I’ll let you be the judge on what you like since we all have so many different preferences!

Supplies:
Stamps: Secret Garden
Ink: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe
Paper: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Doilies, pearls, Pistachio Pudding, Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantaloupe Reinkers, Stampin’ Mister, Pearls

Like what you see below? Visit my Stampin’ Up! website at www.kandiphillips.stampinup.net to order your very own set!
129144L

No comments: