Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lacy & Lovely Scalloped Border

I’m still so much in love with the Lacy & Lovely stamp set and have another favorite card to share today.

Metal Butterflies

I took one of the smaller medallions in the set and stamped it in VersaMark ink on the Baja Breeze card base. The circles were stamped to make a scalloped border, and then heat embossed it with clear ep.

After that I layered some doilies cut out with the Delicate Doilies die and then a strip of gray cardstock overlapped the two to create a border on both sides. Next I added a piece of Baja seam binding to the center and added some metal embossed butterflies along with two rhinestones.

The metal embossing technique is one I’ll be showing at a workshop next month and it’s one I love because it’s so easy but has a bit of a wow factor. The fact that you can make your own metal looking embellishments with your stamps and punches allows you to get more out of your stamping supplies!

I’ve saved my favorite card showcasing this set for last and I’ll share that with you tomorrow!

No comments: