Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter Decor

Winter has finally come to Utah! I’d rather do without the temps in the single digits, and even more so the negative temps, but I love how the snow blankets everything and looks so pretty.

I took our tree and Christmas decorations down at the end of December and set up my console table with some wintery décor so I can enjoy the look without the cold! :)

Winter

 

DSC_0004

I kept a fairly neutral color palate with silver and white, and just a touch of green and garland brown from the pinecones. The best part is that the majority of these things came from after clearance Christmas sales!

 

DSC_0006

In one corner of the table I have my tall trees and a little votive filled with white glitter ornaments that were turned upside down so you just see the tops.

 

DSC_0008

This giant snowflake was supposed to be an ornament, but I used it as a little tray to hold pinecones and a fun disco like orb.

DSC_0009

I used one of my favorite apothecary jars to add Epsom salt in the bottom to mimic snow, and then some mini pine trees. It’s like a mini forest! :)

DSC_0011

The vase with the fun sprigs is a mix of pieces and some garland to keep everything together.

DSC_0014

I am really loving the calming whites and like the minimal look after such a decked out and colorful Christmas!

 

DSC_0907

I did a quick and easy floral piece for the dining room table. I brought back my everyday aqua table runner and the same black tray I rotate décor our with.

DSC_0910

I used pinecones, the jingle bells that had been in the front room, and some silver eucalyptus pieces. Jake came home and asked what smelled because he thought it smelled like a craft store. He said it smelled like JoAnn’s and I realized it was from the eucalyptus. :)

DSC_0914

A few doilies were placed in the bottom of the tray, and I added some little votives that were also picked up after Christmas.

 

I can’t believe we’re already halfway through January! I like decorating for winter, but am really looking forward to the heat! :)

3 comments:

Debbie Turpin said...

Plain and simple, you are amazing!!!!

Debbie Turpin said...

Plain and simple, you are amazing!!!!

Della said...

I love this! You are so clever and crafty!