Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Resolutions

I love the idea of resolutions, but this year I’m doing it differently.

This year is not about concrete goals or lists.

This year is not about hitting a specific deadline.

This year is about enjoyment but it’s so much more than just that.

This year is about appreciating every moment, experience and adventure life throws my way.

So with that in mind, here are my RESOLUTIONS for 2013.

 

Rest and relax, don’t rush. Create and enjoy down time when we can and enjoy the ride.

Eat well and exercise more. This is not about a number, but feeling and being healthy and happy.

Speak my mind and opinions and stand up for what I believe in, but always remember to respect others.

Own my mistakes and short-comings. Learn from them but embrace who I am.

Love unconditionally. With compassion, forgiveness and kindness.

Unwind and loosen up after long days. Mentally and physically.

Take pictures. Lots. And learn to love even the flawed ones.

Invest in me. Take time to learn new things, try something I haven’t done before and improve myself.

Obsess less. Don’t worry as much, take deep breaths and try not to let my emotions get the best of me.

No regrets. Now is the time. Time for change or time for new things, but take the time to do it now and have no regrets. 

Savor the moments I have with my kids, enjoy the firsts and the lasts.

 

Cheers to 2013!

No comments: