Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gingerbread House – A Scrapbook Layout

I’m finally posting the last of the layouts I worked on a couple weekends ago and since it feels like Christmas is right around the corner, these are the perfect layouts to share right now!

Ginger Bread House Gwynie 1

Ginger Bread House Gwynie 2

The story: Just another Christmas tradition that we like to do in our house…gingerbread houses! It’s always fun to watch the kids put it together, and this year they decided to fling the candies at the house to see where they would stick in the frosting. It was hilarious!

The layout: I had actually started these layouts ages ago (and then finally finished them) so can’t remember the manufacturer of the paper, but the stickers and embellies are from Doodlebug Designs. They worked perfect with the pictures I had of the kids building their gingerbread house one Christmas. I love these colors!

Tip to Note: To add more dimension to the layout I could have easily have lifted the stickers off the page with pop dots. I decided to leave them flat in this case, but that’s just one more way to add a fun and easy technique to your layouts.

The layouts above are for Gwynie’s book, and the two below are for Brady. The difference is his has green ribbon and more green cardstock where hers is all decked out in pinks.

Ginger Bread House Brady 1Ginger Bread House Brady 2

 

I let the kids pick out their Christmas ornaments for this year (another tradition) instead of surprising them, but it was fun giving them the chance to select their ornament. Also, that takes one more thing off my list for December! I’m really hoping I can get a lot of fun Christmas stuff type planning/prep done this month so I can enjoy December. ;)

No comments: