Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat – Scrapbook Layouts

Happy Halloween!

Until I snag some pictures of the kids as they go out tonight, here are some scrapbook layouts from years past that I did over the weekend. Yep…I’m still pretty far behind on these. ;)

Trick or Treat Brady

The story: Brady absolutely loves Nascar and Jeff Gordon and has since he was a little boy. He decided that year he wanted to be Jeff and this costume was perfect for him!

The layout: I used all sorts of papers and embellishments from the American Crafts BOO line and used a sheet of blue cardstock to anchor all the photos.

Tip to Note: This layout came together super fast after layering bits and pieces of extra strips of papers that were leftovers from some other Halloween layouts I’d been working on. Sometimes it doesn’t work, but if I can work on a lot of Halloween or Christmas, (or same type of photos/events/layouts) at the same time it cuts down on the time I spend digging out those supplies, etc.

Trick or Treat Gwynie 1

(Page 1)

Trick or Treat Gwynie 2

(Page 2)

The story: Capturing yet another year of Halloween! This year Gwynie found a “ghostly spider” witch costume and asked us to paint her face to be dead and ghost like. ;)

The layout: I again used more of the American Crafts BOO line with stickers, embellies and felt pieces.

Tip to Note: These pages were inspired by a challenge at Soul Scrappers to combine a bright background, three patterns (stripes, spots and chevron) and some dimension. I loved the challenge and even did a few other Halloween pages with these same patterns since everything was already out.

 

It was so fun to finally get back to scrapbooking last weekend!

No comments: