Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book Trailers

Have you ever heard of book trailers?  Think of them like movie previews but for books. If watching a preview entices you to watch a movie, do you think you would be more apt to read a book based on a book trailer?

I thought I would share some book trailers of books that I love, and that are good trailers. Sometimes I find that the book was amazing but the book trailer was utterly disappointing. Good thing I don’t rely on these “previews” before reading the books. ;)

I’ll start off with a book that was absolutely incredible, and the trailer could be an actual movie preview. The trailer for the second book is awful though…but both books are fantastic. The third and final book doesn’t have a release date yet other than sometime in 2013, but I’ve grown to love these characters and am hoping for a happy/nice ending for them.

 Enclave by Ann Aguirre

The next is a series that I’ve been recommending left and right to anyone that says they liked the Hunger Games. It has that edgy feel to it and has an excellent lead female with a mysterious and tough leading male. The second book Insurgent is out already, but it’s a whole year before the third book is released. I highly recommend this for anyone wanting something new and fun to read!

Divergent by Veronica Roth

This next book has been once of my most recent favorites, and the trailer, despite the acting (ha), was done well in my opinion. The second book is due out next year, so excited!

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

 

One book that I loved but thought the trailer didn’t do a good job of showcasing was Possession by Elana Johnson. I just didn’t love the trailer but really enjoyed the book.

 

There is a playlist that has just over 100 book trailers of some popular releases. I’ve read several of these already, and had a few of them on my to read list before I watched the trailers, but I want to watch a few more of these in case I find some that I could add to my reading list. I definitely have a long enough list, but it’s always fun finding something new to read!

No comments: