Friday, September 7, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

So I’ve been doing some minor major work on my blog the past few days and changed a few things around! If you follow me through Google Reader you’ll want to pop over to the blog to see all the changes!

I’ve been wanting to add some gallery type albums to my sidebar with all of our vacation/cruise photos. Since there are so many from our cruise and it’s taken me a couple months to blog about it, I figured this might be a good place to start so I don’t overload my blog with photos.

Well of course with my OCD and organizational type self I had to go all the way with it, ha! So now I have updated the little sidebar toppers,  added in the galleries with several of our adventures (still adding in 2010 and 2011) and even created a top bar with some additional pages.

So my banner changed with a little face-lift and new font, and below that I have my clickable pages.

CropperCapture[1]

 

One of those pages is The Family, where I introduce the fam and some fun facts about us. It was fun to ask everyone their favorites and hear their responses. I knew several of them but some surprised me. ;)

CropperCapture[6]

The other “page” I added was for my DIY Projects and Tutorials. I was able to add in each picture with a link back to the original post for any question or direction type questions.

CropperCapture[7]

The sidebar changes were little, but I changed up these pics with links to each type of content on the blog so all you have to do is click on it to go to any posts in that category.

 

CropperCapture[5]

One other small change was a header over my scrapbook layouts. If you click on the picture of the layout you’ll be taken to a gallery on Picasa that contains all of my current layouts.

CropperCapture[2]

One thing I was super excited to add was my Instagram feed! It refreshes in real time so you’ll always see anything I send to Instagram!

CropperCapture[3]

And last, the thing that started it all! I am working on adding in all of our “adventures” and have a couple more years to go and add in, but same as the scrapbook layouts, you can click on the photo to view the full album(s). I will admit to being lazy though because I didn’t edit any of these…oh well!

CropperCapture[4]

 

I’m sure I’ll be tweaking it a little bit more over the next little while but I’m excited to have things a bit more organized. Ha, I can be lame. ;)

No comments: