Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday – Summer Edition

Well, I totally slacked on this whole What I Wore Wednesday thing, ha. Turns out it’s easy for me to get dressed in the morning (because I head off to work M-F) which is why the original author started this series, but it’s harder for me to take photos of what I wore.

So, since this is the LAST Wednesday before September (scary thought right?!), I thought I would at least document for myself some of my favorite summer outfits. I’m going to miss my summer dresses and the ease/casualness of summer clothes, but I will say that I absolutely LOVE fall and am soooo excited for it! Along with that crisp smell in the air, pumpkin lattes from Starbucks, football games and the inevitable chili in bread bowls, it means I have a few more things in my closet I can pull out. ;)

Remember, I am NO fashionista and really only wear what’s comfortable, ha. Bidding adieu to my favorite summer outfits!

DSC_0271

Arrivederci to this tank top with the ruffly edges that went with just about everything. Including this long flowy black and white skirt.

Carnival cruise, June 2012

DSC_0076

Farewell to my khaki shorts that I paired with many tanks and tees. At least this ruffled tank can be worn with a cardigan!

With my youngest sister at her Roller Derby Bout, Go Cannibals! June 2012

DSC_0416

So long to my awesome bright blue dress that I wore with white and black cardigans when going to work, or just by itself on the weekends and after work.

My sisters and I, June 2012

DSC_0470546467_10151172440141276_142943584_n

Adios to this cute black dress that was perfect to wear over my swim suit, for a casual night at the local pub, and at our companies summer party.

Puerta Maya, Cozumel, Mexico, June 2012// Kearns Oquirrh Pool, CLEARLINK party, August 2012

DSC_0535

Auf Wiedersehen to this scrumptious little navy blue dress. Dinner on the cruise, and then later to a BBQ at a friend’s house.

Carnival Cruise Ship, June 2012

DSC_0992

Ciao to my white capris that I hunted all over for, and this bright floral top. I may still wear that top with layers…

Xunatunich Ruins, Belize, June 2012

IMG_4856

Until we meet again next summer, my plaid shorts! I’ve have them for a couple years and each summer we reunite.

Utah Summer Games, Cedar City, UT, June 2010

I’m getting more excited to pull out some sweaters and scarves for fall! I actually started to pull out some fall decorations, guess it won’t be long and I’ll be packing summer stuff away. It’s bittersweet, but was fun to look back! ;)

No comments: