Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Today is my Dad’s birthday, and my Mom’s was last week on the 4th. Happy birthday you two! I love you so much! :)

These two are Leo’s.

Traditional Leo traits:

Generous and warmhearted
Creative and enthusiastic
Broad-minded and expansive
Faithful and loving

Yep, basically my Madre and Padre!

DSC_0404

Dad, Mom, Bree and Zach June 2012

I get those great genes from my hot Momma and cutie Dad! ;)

I know all you out there think you had the best parents, and I hate to break it to you…but I did.

It took until my 20’s to realize how amazing my parents are/were growing up, and I can’t believe I had all that wasted time thinking they were ruining my life. ;) Every teenager thinks that right?!

These two are pretty much the best damn parents out there. I’m glad my kids have them as grandparents because I’m pretty sure I’m not doing near as a good a job as these two did.

Raising four kids including dominant personalities (uhhh mainly by me), encouraging our creativity, putting up with our mood-swings, getting a baby (Shae) out of a locked car in the Burger King parking lot (ha), negotiating hostile teenagers and buying all us cars and doing driver’s ed with the four of us. Basically they were saints.

I am so thankful to have learned from them and consider myself so lucky to be celebrating their birthdays! I would love to live closer to them, but that makes our vacations that much sweeter! :) A long distance HUUUUGEEE hug to you both!!!

 

Mom and Dad,

Thank you. Thank you for the talks, the advice (even if I didn’t take it), the encouragement, the praise and the lectures. Thank you for letting me make my own mistakes to learn from them, and thank you for being there by my side through it all  Thank you for letting me realize my dreams and for not holding me back. Thank you for all the sacrifices we knew about as kids, and the ones we didn’t. Thank you for never letting us down and for always making everything amazing. Vacations. Christmases, Birthday’s…you knew how to do it all. Thank you for raising me to be a pretty decent human being. If I *eff up horribly in life I’m going to blame you, but if I succeed (which I have I think!) I compliment you. ;)

Love you guys! Happy birthdays!!

Our theme song, remember this back in 2000? ;)

"Wide Open Spaces"

Who doesn't know what I'm talking about
Who's never left home, who's never struck out
To find a dream and a life of their own
A place in the clouds, a foundation of stone

Many precede and many will follow
A young girl's dream no longer hollow
It takes the shape of a place out west
But what it holds for her, she hasn't yet guessed

[Chorus:]
She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes


She traveled this road as a child
Wide eyed and grinning, she never tired
But now she won't be coming back with the rest
If these are life's lessons, she'll take this test

[Repeat Chorus]
She knows the high stakes
As her folks drive away, her dad yells, "Check the oil!"
Mom stares out the window and says, "I'm leaving my girl"
She said, "It didn't seem like that long ago"
When she stood there and let her own folks know

 

And, just some cute pics of my parents!

180131_200400433309587_5994507_n

My gorgeous Momma. I might be jealous if I didn’t already inherit some of that. ;)

180780_203142029702094_7013348_n

Mom and Dad at Belair Beach. They are headed to the beach this morning to celebrate Dad’s b-day. I’m really jealous now. ;)

402559_362248343791461_967281279_n

Um, sorry Mom your eyes are closed but I snagged this off your FB! Me and the kiddos with Mom and Dad , January 2012

Have you hugged your Mom or Dad today? You should if you can! ;)

1 comment:

Della said...

Ohhhhhh I love this! You are so sweet, and one of the best daughter's ever! You sure do know how to pull at the heart strings and make me cry...but it's a good cry, sniff sniff. Love you, and Thank You!!!!!