Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Anniversary Jake!

Happy 11th anniversary to my best friend!

DSC_0999Belize, Xunantunich Ruins, June 2012

Last year I put together this little video for Jake for our 10 year anniversary.

 

Thank you baby for being in my life and taking care of all of us. Thank you for putting up with my craziness and letting me be me.

I love your laugh and your sense of humor. I love that you are so passionate about sports and wrestling. I love your determination, otherwise known as stubbornness, and your drive and work ethic. I love those quirky spots on your chin and cheek where you either have no hair growing from a scar (taking a line drive to the chin at 2nd in softball) or that funny spot where you just grow blonde hair on your cheek. I love how you still call me “Idnak” and don’t let me forget about my many blonde moments. I love that you have no middle name so I call you “mine.” I love how you go out of your way to make me smile and make sure everything is all right. I love that no matter how many times I ask if you are doing ok, you don’t get mad at me. ;) I love that you cook and make such delicious food AND that you’ll do the dishes and clean up when I’m slacking and behind. I love that you value hard work and integrity and that we’re focused on teaching our kids these lessons. I love your logic even if it refutes my emotions the majority of the time, and that you help make sense of all the techno-mumbo-jumbo when I can be a blonde. I love your support and that you love me for me, flaws and all.

I don’t love your snoring, I don’t love how you leave dirty socks out and I don’t love that you’ve never cleaned a bathroom in the 12 years we’ve been together. HOWEVER, I love that I have you to say these things about because I know I would miss even the things I don’t love if you weren’t around. ;)

 

Also, I thought today I would share some fun pics of us together from our Western Caribbean Cruise in June since I didn’t put together a new video this year. And that I’m still slacking on sharing cruise pics. ;)

DSC_0835Belize, Xunantunich Ruins

DSC_0189DSC_0256DSC_0300DSC_0377

Roatan, Honduras, Gumbalimba Park

    DSC_0519

Mohogany Bay, Roatan, Honduras

DSC_0692After snorkeling, Fisherman’s Rock Barrier Reef, Grand Cayman Islands

DSC_0712

   Last night at sea, Carnival Cruise

I love you babe. Here’s to many more happy years and a bajillion more things to love about you. <3

1 comment:

Della said...

You brought tears to my eyes! Happy Anniversary! Love you guys!