Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brady’s Birthday Layouts

I haven’t scrapbooked for about a month (shocker I know!) but I still had a few more layouts I hadn’t posted on the blog yet. Things have been slightly busy around here….

We had Gwynie's candy buffet birthday party over the weekend, the kids went back to school last week and Jake and I celebrated our anniversary. I posted about some of our daily life happenings, and on the house front I shared the progress made on the kitchen and the living room. Oh yeah, and that fun thing called Football where Brady’s practicing/playing 5 days a week and Jake’s coaching.

So yeah, not a lot of time for scrapping. I’m anticipating once wrestling season starts in a couple months I’ll be spending more time in my craft room since Jake will be busy coaching and at tournaments. ;) But, since I have a few layouts to share today I don’t feel like such a slacker. Except when I tell you the fact that these are birthday pics from Brady’s 4th and 5th birthday’s and he’s 9 now….haha.

He's Four!

The story: We had a Thomas the Train party with friends and family that I’d scrapbooked awhile back, but I found this extra picture of his cake from his actual birthday and wanted to get it in his scrapbook.

The layout: I started off with an embossed sheet of cardstock and then just layered on a few other sheets of paper and chipboard embellishments. It was really fun to just layer and add some small elements together that I really liked.

Tip to Note: The little flag was made with a strip of paper and a toothpick. Something so simple and added just a touch of fun!

Candles and CakeBirthday Boy

The story: Again, like the other layout I had some random and extra photos from Brady turning 5. There were presents galore from grandparents, and a homemade cake that I later vowed I’d leave the decorating to the professionals, but Brady loved it.

The layout: I used papers and embellishments from the Prima Youth collection for both pages and kept it really simple to just load up with pictures.

Tip to Note: A simple technique that I always enjoy adding to my pages is tearing the edges of your paper. It’s sooo easy for one, and it adds a cool element and texture to your page. It also makes it a bit edgier and distressed looking. Perfect for boy pages!

Well, I’m starting to get caught up on the kids scrapbooks, but I’m still a couple years behind, ha! Sometimes I feel discouraged by that fact, but honestly I really enjoy the hobby and have learned to just appreciate the process and know that one day I may be caught up. ;)

No comments: